Botox And Dermal Fillers Newport Beach
Botox is the first and only FDA approved prescription product that temporarily improves the appearance of both moderate to severe frown lines and crow’s feet. Wrinkles result from a combination of many factors. It’s not just about cellular changes, collagen depletion, or damage caused by free radicals. When you frown or concentrate, the muscles between your brows contract, causing your skin to furrow and fold. And when you squint, the muscles around your eyes contract and cause crow’s feet. Botox works beneath the skin’s surface and targets the underlying muscle activity that causes frown lines and crow’s feet to form over time. Botox is injected into the muscles that cause frown lines and crow’s feet lines, temporarily interrupting their normal excursion; the result is a reduction in the appearance of those lines. Smoothing of the lines may become apparent within 24‐48 hours and the results should last between 3‐6 months. Botox injections are generally well tolerated; some observe it feels like a pinch. If you are concerned about discomfort, topical numbing cream can be applied before your treatment.
- Juvederm Ultra and Ultra Plus are (NASHA) non‐animal stabilized hyaluronic acid fillers, sugars which occur naturally in our bodies. As we age, we produce less Hyaluronic acid and break down more. Skin patch testing is unnecessary as allergic responses occur infrequently. Hyaluronic acid has an affinity for water; this property can be used to soften radial lip lines, “tear trough” (under the lower lid) hollows, as well as to volumize lips, support nasolabial folds and marionette lines. The effects may last between 6‐9 months.
- Voluma: Improvement of facial aging isn’t limited to filling lines and folds. Loss of facial fat occurs in specific zones, yielding a deflated appearance. As cheek volume is lost, the shape of the face changes from the “triangle of youth” and converts to the “pyramid of age”. Voluma is the first and only FDA approved injectable (NASHA) Hyaluronic acid to instantly add volume to the mid‐face and outer cheek. The contour and a subtle lift may last up to two years.
- Belotero: This variant of Hyaluronic acid filler is designed to be injected superficially, in thin skin and thus is best suited for the lower lid hollowing or “tear trough” deformity without the risk of the Tyndall effect (bluish discoloration). The lower lid requires relatively small amounts and the “correction” may endure 6‐8 months.
- Radiesse: Calcium hydroxylapatite is a collagen stimulator, which has a “now and later” effect. The immediate effect of this wrinkle filler is to plump the skin. Over time the benefits of Radiesse continue by naturally stimulating your body’s own collagen. The natural results have been shown to last a year in many patients. Treatment areas include smile lines, marionette lines, corners of the mouth, and along bony prominences like the jaw.
- Sculptra: PLLA poly L‐lactic acid is a collagen stimulator, which has a more gradual onset, as it stimulates your own biosynthesis of collagen to tighten and firm skin. This filler produces subtle results and is best suited for individuals who desire a virtually undetectable change. Hollow cheeks and temples can be restored and results persist up to 2 years.